100%OFF PATENT – WHAT IS ALL ABOUT
Patent granted in: USA, EU countries coming soon
METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR DETECTION OF STANDBY STATUS IN LINEAR AND NON-LINEAR CHARGES CONNECTED TO THE ELECTRICITY MAINS AND AUTOMATIC DISCONNECTION THEREOF
Follow this link for more patent’s information http://goo.gl/FExBG
*16% of the yearly electricity consumption at homes is wasted due to electronic devices left in standby mode or just because they are just plugged to the wall (also known as leaking consumption). It represents the yearly production of various nuclear power plants in the EU or the whole yearly electricity consumption of countries like Greece or Austria.
It is also true for administration offices and private companies; in general, all those who use electronic devices and power chargers.
Good for you good for the planet’s technology unplug devices left on standby or just not in use from the power supply in the same manner as if they were manually unplugged but, without human intervention. The technology has a green objective, is universal, low cost, “plug and play” and able to be configured in different solutions i.e. smart power strips, intelligent power chargers or as a component inside electronic devices.
It means that the technology cuts off any useless electricity consumption from any device not in use, but it also disconnects automatically the means to do the job, becoming in the only solution that eliminates any kind of energy consumption when a device is not in use.
There are two possible ways for trying to set up the operational status of an electronic device: by measuring its electricity consumption (like electricity metering do) or by measuring its current peaks when operating.
Our approach is focused in the second one due to important questions:
- For achieving a methodology fully smart and automatic, no need to do set ups by users. The goal was to achieve an smart and automatically operated plug and play solution
- For delivering a technology that can be used broadly over different devices in nature, from TVs to electrical appliances or to power chargers; the goal is to become a universal market standard.
- Cost effective, the second way need much lower processing capability, so, the processing unit needed for processing the algorithm can be the simple and cheapest found in the market; it also reduces the number of electronic components for manufacturing a product based in the technology. The goal was to achieve a low cost solution.
- The way chosen allows something unique in the market, that the means to do the job can be fully disconnected if wanted, it means that our technology is the only that can limit to zero the standby and leaking consumption, if so, users must reactivate manually the device creating a strong green awareness.
…Something similar in the market?
There are few solutions in the market that tries to reduce or to eliminate the standby mode; they can be summarized as follows:
- Standard power strips with on/off buttons: users must take care of switching off and on when they are not using devices plugged to the power strip
- Remote controlled power strips: the manual on/off button is replaced by a remote switch, again, users must take care of switching on and off but with the convenience of doing it remotely
- Semiautomatic solutions: we can integrate in this chapter various solutions that have the same core, they are based in measuring the electricity consumption constantly and comparing these measurements with a threshold level, manually set up, as the standby level; once the measurements are below the threshold, the solution disconnects the device. A set up is needed by users and the means to do the job must be constantly on in order to be on alert to reestablish the electricity demand. We can say that the standard standby is switched for this new one.
- Automatic and smart solution: Only found in the Good for you good for the planet’s technology which learns itself about the different operational statuses of an electronic device (or group of them), and manage its automatic disconnection and also the means to do the job, limiting to zero the power consumption
There are 2 core independent claims:
The first refers to the technology able, first, to detect the standby status of any electronic device and second, able to switch off them and the means to do the job for achieving a real zero consumption, in other words, to fully unplug the device and the means.
The second independent aspect refers to the method or algorithm for detecting the working status of a device. It refers to the logic behind the scenes.
Closing the loop…
Before having granted the patent in the USA, we applied also for a patent continuation that claims for the method or algorithm itself. This strategy will protect other technology deployments like detecting and disconnecting but leaving a small amount of electricity consumption or other energy suppliers (ie batteries) for other reactivating methods like remote controls or others like presence sensors.
The 100%OFF technology applied to real products
The technology can be deployed in different configurations. We summarize some as i.e.:
- Smart power strips “100%OFF”: it is a power strip with various smart plugs plus (or not) one or more non smart plugs (for continuous supply if needed). The smart ones are controlled by the technology which will detect the standby or not in use mode, in the case, it will unplug them and it will disconnect itself limiting to zero the electricity consumption. User will need to press the “green button” for reactivating the electricity supply.
- Smart power strip “Remote”: a configuration in the same manner likes the previous but with a reactivation system different from pressing the green button; the reactivation could be done by a remote control or others. In this case we do not limit to zero the energy consumption due of having means on alert for reactivating.
In both previous cases it is possible to have a standalone smart plug configuration for controlling a unique device becoming in the only technology capable to manage smartly the standby consumption over just one device.
- Smart power charger: probably one of the biggest problems coming from standby consumption is power chargers, also known as “wall vampires”. They waste energy when the cell phone battery (or any other device) is full but still plug to the charger… although they still consume energy just by the fact of having them plugged to the wall.
It would be desirable to market a new universal standard for power chargers that unplug itself when its function ends. That would avoid having millions of chargers wasting energy, right now!
- Smart on/off component: the technology can be customized to manufacturers for controlling internally the standby of its products, they can sell green products with a very low cost technology while achieving legal requirement very easily.
Primary target market
Standby is a global problem, for that reason the target market only could be the mass market.
Nevertheless we know that the society isn’t still well energy educated and that many of population is not aware about the dimension of the problem. We will understand that Administrations must take the lead supporting a new standard that may save millions of dollars per year just asking i.e. only to market smart power charges or power strips.
In any case, apart from regulatory issues, the administration itself is a primary target apart from residential, offices, educational, electronic devices manufacturers, etc… and of course, worldwide.
A strategic technology
Saving energy in the only way for the future
- Because the best renewable energy is the not wasted energy.
- Because we cannot depend furthermore on fossil energies
- Because we have entered in the era of saving instead of expending
- Because this technology has the best payback by far against any other “green” solution. A product base in this technology can be paid off in less than 1 year!
Press releases >>